Zum Inhalt springen

Sony DCP-1000 config menu password

MarinBNM

Empfohlene Beiträge

When I try to enter config menu in DCP-1000 and enter default password 00000 in says "Invalid Password"...ok I don't know it. But how to restore it? I try to put out lithium battery for a two minuts and then I put it back again, but password is still here?

Also When I try to conect DCP thrue PC is says that PORT can't be opened..strange because I use COM1&2 on PC without problems, and OS are WINXP.....may this be problem?

Marin

Hi,

the PC is probably too fast and the Ports under XP are not freely accessible. 100MHz maximum clockrate and Win3.11 is required. And you have to open the serial port on the DCP, impossible without password... :-(

Yea, now I unsolder battery again and put it out......so I've gonna see what is gonna happen when I get home!

Because battery serves for keeping memory & presets?

Are there any jumper pin on CPU board for reset???

Main, hi

lucky to find the correct pass fastly. Originally there's a default that works, which was the SW designer's daughters birthday. I forgot that one.

Regarding PC: Windoze practise No. 1 DO NOT USE WINDOZE 95 or above.

NEVER USE XP or VISTA. (Common knowledge - always use true operating systems)

So a basic 486 or pentium computer with true interrupt based V.24 port is required. No emulated USB bus based one.

It also workes well with Windoze 98 and Pentium 500 MHz unit (eg my old toughbook), keeping in mind those are never stable surroundings.

Another way: Connect thru the "Setup port" @ 38400 bps, with a standard terminal (software), DCP is a standard PC DOS based computer (ICP- Industrial PC foundation compatible - like the ones used to control gas pumps), you should be able to dump the file structure of the "disk" (EEPROM in this case) with DOS commands.

Limited lifespan of EEPROM (10000 write cycles - each movement of the volume controle is 2 write cycles!) will lead to probably premature failiures. If there's a battery installed, this not required with standard DCP. You may replace the EEPROM with RAM of same organization structure, connect to battery, use a 2/3 Lithium of larger size, and at least 10+ years of successful lifespan will be reached.

Important: Like every microprocessor based system good and secure grounding and potential-equalizing structures are essential! As your background is transmitters, you know how to do that.

Best regards:

Stefan