Zum Inhalt springen

Vorhin erreichte mich folgende Nachricht von Film-Tech

Martin

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello, Film-Tech members.

I'm sorry to let you know that long-time Film-Tech contributor John Pytlak has taken a serious turn for the worse in his battle with cancer, and he may have only a short time left to live.

John has been an outstanding contributor to Film-Tech as well as the motion picture film industry, and many of you have benefited and learned from him in uncountable ways.

John posted this on the Film-Tech forums on Tuesday:

>>>>>

My CAT scan on May 16 showed at least three areas of blockage along my small intestine. I can barely get enough water through my system to stay hydrated. IV hydration is a short-term option, but hospice is being strongly suggested.

We gave it our best shot with chemo, and further surgery (e.g., ostomy) has been ruled out due to the multiple locations of the tumors.

Depending on how things go over the next few weeks, this may be my last posting.

<<<<<

In order to wish John the best, we've decided to put together a collage of messages, notes, photographs, etc. and overnight it to him, as an expression of our appreciation for all he has done and to offer him our best wishes. We would like to do this as a surprise for John, so PLEASE do not mention this to him or his family.

John Hawkinson is coordinating this effort through Film-Tech. Please reply to this email address that was set up specific for this purpose with any images or text you would like to submit for the collage. Even if you simply reply with a couple of sentences of appreciation, they all add up.

As time is limited, please make every effort to have this in by the afternoon of Monday May 28th (sooner is better). Also, please make sure to sign your email with your full name.

The collage will be assembled and delivered to John Pytlak via overnight service on Wednesday. As soon as UPS acknowledges receipt of it, we will post a copy on the front page of Film-Tech.

Thanks so much,

Brad Miller

John Hawkinson

Ich kenne den Herrn nicht, aber wenn jemand was schreiben will:

Die Antwortadresse lautet:

FTnotice@film-tech.com

Liebe Grüße

Martin

• 2 Monate später...
  • 3 Wochen später...

erhalte gerade folgende e-mail:

"Eastman Kodak's John Pytlak passed last night (Friday, Aug. 17) in

Rochester, NY from the effects of a nearly year-long battle with cancer.

He was a frequent contributor to many film and image related

discussion boards and e-mail lists.

Like a lot of other folks, I've only met John through his replies,

and came to appreciate his gentle nature and wealth of knowledge. I'd

hoped that he might have been well enough to attend the September

AMIA Conference in Rochester, where he lived and worked for Kodak.

I'd hoped to meet him and thank him for his replies to my questions

over the last two or three years.

His initial health problem was noted back in September of last year

on the AMIA Association of Moving Image Archivists list, this list

and several others like the The Cinematography Mailing List,

Cinematography.com, and filmshooting.com."